File (Disk) Submission Guidelines
We have a PDF workflow and are able to use Photoshop, Illustrator, Freehand, InDesign, QuarkXpress, Publisher 2003, and Pagemaker files just to name a few. PDF’s should be formatted as CMYK, B/W, or spot colors. Files submitted as RGB will need to be converted to CMYK and will carry a charge per item.
Camera Ready Options
Black type on separate sheet from color. Color photo, (if critical crop, include photocopy of photo with appropriate crop & size). Copy to indicate visual of photo size with type. Background color indicated by PMS Color, paper sample for color, or specific color area of photo to be used as a background.
- Save images in CMYK or Spot Color using the .psd .eps or .tif format.
- Save any spot colors as Pantone CV for coated stock & Pantone CVU for uncoated stock.
- Scanned Photos are to be no less than 266 DPI at print size.
- Scanned Line Art to be no less than 600 DPI at print size.
- Include all electronic files for Photos and Artwork in accepted formats only.
- Include all Fonts used. (extremely important)
- Please include all artwork or pictures that need to be scanned.
- Color Correction and retouching of photos are done as per request. (All requests for these services carry a per photo charge).
- Include a printed copy of layout.
- Gather all data required for printing using
- "Collect For Output" (QuarkXpress),
- "Save for Service Provider" (Pagemaker),
- "Package" for (InDesign).
Failure to follow these guidelines can significantly affect the Quality. Items submitted any other way may not be usable and will give unpleasant results!
For assistance please contact:
Tim Cage at 1-800-642-1166 firstname.lastname@example.org